Military time, commonly known as 24-hour time, is a timekeeping system that employs the number 24 to denote the number of hours in a day. Converting between military time and normal time can be difficult if you are unfamiliar with military time. But don’t worry, we’re here to assist you! In this post, we’ll show you how to utilize a simple military time converter to convert between military and regular time.
Military Time Converter
Convert Standard Time to Military Time
Enter standard time
Converted military time
Convert Military Time to Standard Time
Enter military time
Converted standard time
What is military time?
Military time, commonly known as 24-hour time, is a timekeeping system that employs the number 24 to denote the number of hours in a day. The military, air traffic controllers, and other professions that demand exact timekeeping frequently utilize military time. The hours in military time are represented by the digits 0 through 23. The time at midnight is 0000 hours, while the time at noon is 1200 hours. The minutes have the same numbers as the conventional time.
Military time conversion chart
|Standard Time||Military Time|
How to convert to military time?
Converting to military time is a simple process. The steps are as follows:
- Simply omit the colon and the AM suffix if the time is in the morning. For instance, 9:30 a.m. becomes 09:30 a.m.
- If the time is precisely 12:00 AM, it is converted to 0000 in military time.
- If the time is in the afternoon, subtract 12 from the hour, then delete the colon and the PM suffix. In military time, 2:45 p.m. becomes 1445.
- If the time is precisely 12:00 PM, it is converted to 1200 in military time.
How to convert from military time to regular time?
Converting from military time to regular time is also quite simple.
- If the military time is less than or equal to 1200, put a colon between the hours and minutes, followed by an AM suffix. For instance, 0930 becomes 9:30 a.m.
- If the military time is exactly 1200, regular time is 12:00 PM.
- Subtract 12 from the hour, insert a comma between the hours and minutes, and add a PM suffix if the military time is larger than 1200. 1445, for example, becomes 2:45 PM in standard time.
- If the military time is exactly 0000, regular time is 12:00 AM.
Video about military time
This video tutorial shows you how to convert from military time to standard time.